Bora Lim, MD
Clinician + Researcher
- Associate Professor, Breast Oncology, Baylor College of Medicine. Dan L. Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Associate Director for Clinical Science, Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center
- Director of Translational Research, Breast Cancer Research Program
- Dan and Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center
- 7200 Cambridge St.
- 7th Floor
- Houston, TX, 77030
- United States of America
- Phone: 713.798.1999
Research and Clinical Interests
Despite rapidly evolving therapeutic advancement in modern oncology, still more than 40,000 women and men succumb to metastatic breast cancers (mBC) caused deaths each year. To relieve the suffering of patients, I have focused on achieving the following goals over the last 10 years as a translational researcher.
1. Formulate novel therapeutic strategies to induce effective eradication of aggressive breast cancers—such as triple negative breast cancers, inflammatory breast cancers, and a subset of endocrine therapy-resistant luminal breast cancers.
2. Develop accompanying, robust selective biomarkers that will enrich the patient who will benefit from this innovative biomarker-driven clinical trials, integrating novel assays such as liquid biopsy, and multiomic analysis.
3. Create the biological map of breast cancer evolution through large collaborative efforts with leading edge labs that develop novel assays such as single cell genomics, spatial genomics, and proteogenomics.
As the Director of Translational Research of Breast Cancer Program and the Associate Director of Clinical Science of Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center, I plan to expand these goals by engaging the rich, basic-translational research environment at Baylor Community, to develop an innovative, early-phase therapeutics program.
Education and Board Certifications
Ewha Womans University, School of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea (1998-2004)
Surgery, Catholic Medical Center, Seoul, Republic of Korea (2004-2005)
Pennsylvania Hospital, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, PA (2007-2010)
Chief Medical Residency
Internal Medicine, Pennsylvania Hospital, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, PA (2010-2011)
Hematology-Oncology, Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA (2011-2014)
Experimental therapeutics, Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, El-Deiry Laboratory of Experimental Therapeutics, Hershey, PA (2012-2014)
Korean Medical/Surgical Board, 2004
Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, 2006
American Board of Internal Medicine, Specialty in Internal Medicine, 2010
American Board of Internal Medicine, Specialty in Hematology, 2014
American Board of Internal Medicine, Specialty in Oncology, 2014
Affiliations and Memberships
ASCO University Educational Review/Question Generation Committee Member, American Society of Clinical Oncology, Alexandria, VA
CME Committee Member, American Association for Cancer Research, Philadelphia, PA
Medical Advisory Council Member, Susan G. Komen Houston, Houston, TX
Breast Cancer Working Group Committee, Translational Working Group Committee, South Western Oncology Group, San Francisco, CA
Chief Family Physician, Jeju-Jaeil Family Clinic, Jeju, South Korea
Nocturnal Chief Physician, Bucheon Burn/Emergency Center, Bucheon, South Korea
General Volunteer Practitioner, Yong-san121st General Hospital, Seoul, South Korea
Supervised Physician, JM Dermatology Clinic, Seoul, South Korea
General Practitioner, Yeonsoo Central Hospital, Incheon, South Korea
Counseling Managing Physician, Korea Health Promotion Association, Incheon, South Korea
President of Student Body, Ewha Womans University School of Medicine Student Body, Seoul, South Korea
American College of Physicians, Member, 2011-2040
American Society of Clinical Oncology, Member, 2011-2040
American Society of Hematology, Member, 2011-2040
American Association for Cancer Research, Member, 2012-2040
Korean Society of Medical Oncology, Republic of Korea, Scientific Member, 2014-2040
South Western Oncology Group, Member, Translational research committee & Breast Working Group, 2015-2040
Metastasis Research Society, Member, 2017
Aspen Cancer Conference, CO, Member, 2017
TBCRC, Member, TNBC Working Group, 2021-present
Pennsylvania Society of Oncology and Hematology, PA, Member, 2012-2014
Harris County Medical Society, Houston, TX, Member, 2014-2040
Texas Medical Association, TX, Member, 2014-2040
Affiliated IBC-IC Center(s)
Become part of our international consortium of researchers, clinicians, advocates and centers worldwide dedicated to ending IBC.Join >
IBCIC.org makes every effort to keep researcher information as up-to-date as possible.
Contact this researcher to confirm any information regarding his or her profile.