Sergio Crispino, MD
Clinician + Researcher
- Clinical Consultant in Oncology
- Scientific Director, ASSO
- Scientific Consultant, Anticancer Fund
- Past President, Collegio Italiano Primari Oncologi Medici Ospedalieri (CIPOMO)
- Rugani Hospital
- SS 222 Chiantigiana - Località Colombaio
- 53035 Monteriggioni
- Phone: 0039 0577 578311
- Fax: 0039 0577 353118
Research and Clinical Interests
Sergio Crispino, MD is a physician and researcher working on several areas of medical oncology. He conducted several clinical trials on breast cancer. He is working on repurposing drugs on breast cancer and more particularly in inflammatory breast cancer (IBC) and triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC). Equity and solidarity are two of his priority commitments, with a main focus on IBC.
- Breast Cancer
- Inflammatory Breast Cancer
- Repurposing Drugs in BC/TNBC/IBC
- Social Equity in Cancer Care
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Rugani Hospital, Siena, Clinical Consultant Oncologist (2017-present)
- Anticancer Fund, Brussels, Belgium, Scientific Consulting (2017-present)
- Medical Oncology, USL7, Siena, Italy, Director (1999-2017)
- Department of Oncology, USL7, Siena, Italy, Director (2000-2016)
- Medical Oncology, Arezzo, Italy, 1st Level Medical Director (1985-1993)
- Division of Medical Oncology and Radiotherapy, Nuovo Ospedale San Gerardo, Monza, Milan-Italy, Assistant (1985-1993)
- National Tumor Institute, Milan, Italy, Fellowship (1983-85)
Education and Board Certifications
University of Florence, Italy - summa cum laude (1980)
University of Genova (1984)
Medical Oncology Degree
European School of Oncology (1989)
University of Milan (1990)
Affiliations and Memberships
- Accademia dei Fisiocritici
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Associazione Italiana di Oncologia Medica (AIOM)
- Collegio Italiano Primari Oncologi Medici Ospedalieri (CIPOMO), Past President
- European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- Network Italiano Cure di Supporto in Oncologia (NICSO)
KAIROS 2012-2022: Dieci priorità per i prossimi dieci anni – indirizzi per l’Oncologia Medica Ospedaliera.
Appropriateness and right price: An inseparable binomial to improve care and reduce cost, JCO, Vol 31, No 17 (June 10), 2013: p. 2223
Green Oncology: The Italian medical oncologists’ challenge to reduce the ecological impact of their clinical activity, Tumori, 100: e94-e97, 2014.
Safety and efficacy of Bevazucimab in combination with first-line chemotherapy in advanced breast cancer: Data from the Italian cohort of the ATHENA trial, Tumori, 100: 432-438, 2014.
Use of the word “cured” for cancer patients – implications for patients and physicians: The Siracusa charter, Current Oncology Vol. 22, p. e38-40. February 2015.
Ethics in oncology: principles and responsibilities declared in the Italian Ragusa Statement, Tumori 2016; DOI: 10.5301/tj.5000582 (online only)
Oltre la malattia oncologia / Más allá de la enfermedad oncológica. Aboca book 2017 (edizione in Italiano) / 2018 (edizione in Spagnolo) www.aboca.com
ReDO_DB: The repurposing drugs in oncology database, ecancer 12 886
Repurposing non-cancer drugs for Breast Cancer? An emerging opportunity, European Journal of Cancer, 92:S93-S94,2018
Repurposing drugs in oncology (ReDO)—Selective PDE5 inhibitors as anti-cancer agents, ecancer 2018, 12:824 https://doi.org/10.3332/ecancer.2018.824
Evidence of β-blockers drug repurposing for the treatment of triple negative breast cancer: A systematic review, Neoplasma 2019; 66(6): 963–970
Repurposing of drugs for Triple negative breast cancer: an overview, ecancer, 2020 in press
Operable breast cancer: preliminary results of a phase II, double blind, placebo controlled, randomized trial of preoperative chemotherapy +/- gefinitib with biomarkers evaluation.
Firts-line bevacizumab plus taxane-based chemotherapy for locally recurrent or metastatic breast cancer: safety and efficacy in an open-label study in 2251 patients.
EGF106708-ALTTO: a randomized, multicenter open-label, phase III study of adjuvant lapatinib, trastuzumab, their sequence and their combination in patients with HER2/ErbB2-positive primary breast cancer.
MO 19391 ATHENA: open-label study of bevazucimab + taxanes, monotherapy or in combination, for first-line treatment of patients with locally recurrent of metastatic breast cancer.
OHERA: the observational study of cardiac events in patients with Her2-positive earl breast cancer treated with trastuzumab. Phase IV study.
TREnd: Studio di fase II in aperto, multicentrico, randomizzato con PD 0332991 (inibitore di CDK4/6) in monoterapia o PD 0332991 in associazione allo stesso trattamento ormonale al quale la paziente ha sviluppato resistenza nella precedente linea di terapia, in donne in post-menopausa con tumore della mammella metastatico ER positivo e HER2 negativo.
BEVAPROS: Valutazione prospettica del significato prognostico e/o predittivo del profilo di interazione genetica VEFGR-2 rs11133360 / IL-8 rs4073 in pazienti con diagnosi di carcinoma mammario metastatico trattate con paclitaxel e bevacizumab (bevapros).
Become part of our international consortium of researchers, clinicians, advocates and centers worldwide dedicated to ending IBC.Join >
IBCIC.org makes every effort to keep researcher information as up-to-date as possible.
Contact this researcher to confirm any information regarding his or her profile.